When you start reciting Quran:
• Don’t stop until you’ve mastered the letters (proper pronunciation- تجويد) and can connect them easily.
• Having mastered the letters now focus on reciting the words comfortably. A fluent reciter can recite an entire page of the Quran in 1.5~ minute.
• Increase your portion of Quran slowly if you are new to the concept of recitation.
• Make sure you’ve a teacher who you can recite to and will correct you promptly whenever you make a mistake.
• If you are scared of making too many mistakes then set an upper limit and focus on smaller Surahs instead of reciting longer Surahs.
That way, you’ll be able to perfect your letters and be able to recite effortlessly once you reach the longer verses and chapters of the Quran.
The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said:
“Verily the one who recites the Qur’an beautifully, smoothly, and precisely, he will be in the company of the noble and obedient angels. And as for the one who recites with difficulty, stammering or stumbling through its verses, then he will have TWICE that reward.”
So look forward to the reward in any case, and don’t
let anything or anyone stop you from becoming a fluent reciter.